Friday, September 08, 2006

When all else fails...RTFM

Success! I have something that actually looks like yarn!

I started out again tonight attempting to spin on my new toy, my Majacraft Rose. I predrafted some fiber and began to treadle, the fiber began to spin and once again, I couldn't get it to go onto the bobbin. I finally pulled out the manual and began to read. What a concept! I found the "troubleshooting" section and saw that there was a section about just this issue. I made a minor adjustment to the spring tension and WHAM...in it goes! My heart skipped a beat! It felt like the first time I was able to double-haul on my flyrod. I proceed to continue to spin a half a batt of fiber for just about two hours when my husband finally said it was time to settle down for the night. Settle down?? But I HAVE it! I knew it was time, but I was finally getting it. I playing iwth spinning thick and think, putting bumps in the yarn and just generally play.

So it just goes to show you, when all else fails, RTFM. ;-)

No comments: