Monday, September 11, 2006

Taking time to never forget


As I got ready for work this morning, as usual, I made coffee and turned on Fox News. I immediately became transfixed as they replayed parts of the broadcast from five years ago. I evenaully had to pull myself away 15 minutes before I was due to arrive at work. I hadn't seen the telecast live that morning, but it was as if it was a live broadcast today.

I was already on my way to work the morning the world changed. I didn't see the news live, but listened to the radio at the office to the news reports. It made me think an odd though, wondering if this is what Americans did as the events of World War I and II took place? I left the office and headed to an elementary school to check on my friend's mother, as her husband worked for the Secret Service at the time at the World Trade Center. She eventually heard from him that day; he was safe.

I grew up in North Jersey and there is a spot in Belleville, where you have a beautiful view of the NYC skyline. After that day, I couldn't go look from that spot for a long time. Even when I had to drive by that area, I drove as if I was in a tunnel, not wanting to look. I remember that smell of the fire and the smoke that came across the Hudson River.

I just wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts on this day and hope to remind everyone to never forget on the day the world changed. May God Bless The United States Of America.

No comments: