Sunday, October 29, 2006

One busy lady...

For the last week, I have been crocheting like a woman possessed. I don't know if it is due to my inspiring trip to the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival, but I have been doing a lot of crocheting. I finished up several coin purses and eyeglass cases for a craft show in Cape May. I shipped them off to a friend who will be at the booth, selling them for donations to Casting For Recovery. I have also been working on pieces for the craft fair at our office in December.

There is something magical and meditative about the fiber arts to me. I have crocheted for several years, have started spinning in the last year, and just purchased a lap loom at Rhinebeck. The connection I feel to fiber arts is almost indescribable, and I consider myself lucky to have found it.

No comments: