Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My First Trip to Rhinebeck


Last Sunday I attended the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival for the first time and I can say without a doubt that this was the BEST fiber show I have ever attended!

I booked a spot on a bus trip that left from Jilldeal Inc. yarn shop in Milford, PA. Alisa from the NJ Fiber Fanatics, a Yahoo discussion group and I made a plan to drive up to Milford together.

Well, we had a great time! We trekked all over the entire show, desperate to make sure we saw everything! I made some much needed purchases, including a pair of hand carders, a ball winder and a lap loom. What a day! I also bought a pair of Alpaca gloves and some fiber.

From what I heard, Saturday was VERY busy, so I am glad we went on Sunday. I don't mind people, but extreme crowds can be a little tough.

I can't tell you what a great feeling of positive energy I received from attending Rhinebeck! It made it tough to go back to the "real world" job on Monday. Note to self, take Monday off next year.

I really wanted to bring home a bunny, but there's that whole condo thing again. They were just adorable! Alisa and I even got to bunny sit for a little while!

It was just a wonderful day from start to finish. I can't wait until next year!

No comments: